Hard Facts about E-waste generator in India
# What is an E-waste?
· E-waste typically includes discarded computer monitors, mother boards, cathode ray tubes (CRT), printed circuit boards (PCB), mobile phones and chargers, compact disc, headphones, white goods, plasma TVs, refrigerators and other household electronics, medical equipments etc.
# How E-waste composition does look like?
# How much of E-waste is recycled?
· 2.5% only
# Who manages this E-waste in India?
· 95% of this waste is managed by unorganized sector. In India about 5 Lakh child labourers between the ages of 10-14 years old are engaged in this act without any awareness or safety measures.
· Scrap dealers are mostly dismantling disposed products instead of recycling it.
# What is the source of your information?
· Survey conducted by Assocham with Frost and Sullivan.
# Where did you find this detail?
· It was published in Deccan Herald on 22nd April, 2016.
(Disclaimer: This information is compiled by Purna Sarkar based upon the news available in media and thus we should not be hold responsible for any mistake or error etc.)